To ensure our members have every opportunity for success and are able to compete on a level playing field, we provide leadership in support of pro-business legislation.
• We will offer our members access to our elected officials on a local, state and national level
• We will be Spartanburg’s authority on well-considered public policy and influence
• We will ensure the business community is informed and engaged on relevant policy issues
• We will support business-friendly politicians and get “our own” elected to office
• We provide our members with the Legislative Agenda for the upcoming year
Government Relations Committee
Serving on the Government Relations Committee is the easiest way to get involved with our advocacy efforts. The GRC meets on the 4th Monday of every month at noon in the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce board room. We encourage any Chamber member with an interest in business issues to attend these meetings. The GRC meeting agenda includes updates from our local, state and federal officials; pending legislation that affects business; and plays a key role in helping the Chamber develop its legislative agenda for each legislative session at the S.C. Statehouse.