Benefits of Membership
First, a word about VALUE…we appreciate your interest in learning more about the various benefits provided to our member firms and many are detailed below. Please know the most important consideration, though, goes beyond benefit listings. It is the value that the chamber organization strives to deliver to each investor and that value can be summed up within a few key areas:
- Receive Greater Exposure within the business community and awareness of your firm by consumers – both public and business-to-business.
- Increase your Sales Opportunities by expanding your personal contacts through numerous networking and marketing opportunities.
- Work better & smarter as a result of a wide range of educational events tailored to you and your employees.
- Maximize your business’s success in a state that has a business-friendly public sector, a region with expanding private investments & new payrolls and a local community striving for significant improvements in a number of quality of life areas.
- Reduce your bottom line costs through a host of special members-only plans, pricing and discounts.
Listed below are some of the Member Benefits provided at all investment levels. For a more complete list or background on these benefits, please contact us at 864-594-5000 or email us at email@example.comVisibility/Exposure
Stay Informed/Learn New Skills
Voice In Government
Bottom Line Benefits
Available Benefit Upgrades
- All member firms are included on the Membership Directory located on the Chamber’s website [spartanburgchamber.com] along with contact information, link to your website and mapping feature. Listings are searchable by business category and by name. Local businesses and consumers everywhere utilize this directory as a Buyer’s Guide and a primary guide to the local business community.
- The newly established community web portal [GreaterSpartanburg.com] also has a Business Directory and all members will receive a basic listing there as well.
- New Member Announcement in the Spartanburg Herald-Journal on the Chamber FOCUS page
- Put your business cards and/or company promotional brochures in the display rack in the Chamber’s Lobby.
- Ability to submit press releases for “Member News” section of E-newsletter
- Eligible to rent a display table at the annual Business SHOWCASE exposition
- Only members are able to sponsor Chamber programs and events
- Expand your personal contacts through attendance at regular, no-charge business social mixers such as Business After Hours, CEO Socials, Diversity CONNECTIONS and other member networking events such as the Holiday Member Social.
- Most all chamber events, from seminars and Area Council sessions to committee meetings provide an opportunity to develop personal relationships with other business people including potential customers.
- Studies show that 14% of people trust advertisements, while 78% trust peer recommendations. Many successful businesses take full advantage of the extensive opportunities to expand their business contacts. Remember that every employee of every member firm is considered a chamber member and fully eligible to participate.
- Participation in the Business Referral Program…our front desk will refer business inquiries to members only.
- Weekly E-newsletter subscriptions and Chamber email communications for all designated employees with no limit on the number of employee representatives.
- Numerous opportunities are provided throughout the year to stay informed on key issues. Chamber ISSUES FORUMS range from updates on GSP expansion plans and representatives from Southwest Airlines to economic development updates.
- Governmental Affairs issues are center stage through events such as the Washington Update with US Senator DeMint, the pre-election Candidate Forum and December’s annual preview of the upcoming legislative session of the South Carolina General Assembly.
- Pick and choose from a number of other offerings including the annual Economic Forecast Breakfast, Women In Business Conference, Minority Enterprise Development Dinner and Economic Champions Luncheon.
- Educational seminars range from the popular Strategic Sales Development series which focuses on best practice ideas for business development to our Brown Bag Lunch series which offers a diverse mix of helpful and informative topics.
- The Area Council program allows you and your employees to get more involved on a local basis. Participate where you live or where you work. There are seven Area Councils organized from the top to bottom and all sides of Spartanburg County. No charge to be a member of one or more.
- Member survey and input from variety of Chamber leaders helps shape the list of legislative issues that comprise the annual Business Agenda.
- Chamber has a lobbyist in Columbia during legislative session of the South Carolina General Assembly to assure local business concerns are fully represented. Lobbyist works to encourage passage of legislative items in the local Business Agenda.
- Members are invited to attend legislative committee meetings and other events to stay current with governmental affairs developments. Included are initiatives on local issues and federal items of interest and concern to our business community. Examples include Washington Update, Candidate Forum and General Assembly preview with members of the Spartanburg County Legislative Delegation. Most all events include opportunity for members to direct their questions or concerns to the elected officials in attendance.
- Member Perks…Special pricing & plans for members only. Current partners provide tangible savings in the areas of Health Insurance, Office Supplies and Data & Telecom Services.
- Some members realize annual savings from the Member Perks program that exceed their annual membership investment.
- The Member to Member Discount program provides a variety of special offers directly from member companies to you and your employees.
- Most of your annual membership investment is tax deductible as a necessary business expense.
These additional Member Benefits are available at higher investment levels:
- Ribbon Cutting Photo Coverage
- Receive banner ad on Primary Navigation page of Chamber website for 4 months
- Eligible to offer discounts in “Member to Member Discount Program”
- Second category provided for Business Directory website listing on Chamber website
- Eligible for Business Spotlight feature in Chamber FOCUS weekly page in Herald-Journal
- Membership covers up to two additional locations
- One set of Chamber membership labels (or disk)
- Use of Chamber conference rooms (conditions/limitations apply)
- Sponsorship Link on E-Newsletter for 4 week period
- Enhanced Level Business Directory Listing on GreaterSpartanburg.com community web portal
For a more details on these additional benefits, please contact us at 864-594-5000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org