Small Business of the Month
Small Business of the Month Award presented by
The Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce would like to recognize the achievement, leadership, and impact local businesses make to our organization, the local economy, and the community at large. The Small Business of the Month award is presented to a member business that demonstrates the following attributes:
- Staying Power: Shows a history as an established business in Spartanburg County through time and community engagement.
- Company Growth: Shows positive growth trends in revenues and workforce.
- Innovation: Demonstrates creativity and imagination in business expansion and future planning.
- Involvement: Active as a civic partner, both as an organization and by encouraging employees to be engaged citizens.
- Response to Adversity: Facing challenges and overcoming obstacles with ingenuity, optimism and hard work.
Nominations are collected each month and a winner is chosen by members of the Chamber’s Small Business Council (SBC). Winners are then recognized by the Chamber through various marketing channels. Each Small Business of the Month winner is a finalist for the James B. Thompson Small Business of the Year Award; which is given annually at our Annual Celebration..
- The business must be physically located in Spartanburg County.
- The business must be a member, in good standing, of the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce both at the time of the nomination and during the award recognition timeframe.
- The business must have been in operation for at least two years.
- The business must have less than fifty (50) full-time employees (FTE).
- The business must not have won the Small Business of the Month award within the last five (5) years.
- The nominator must be a member, in good standing, of the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce at the time of the nomination and must identify themselves on the nomination form.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00 PM on the 1st Friday of the month for the proceeding month to be considered.
- SELF NOMINATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED!
- Chamber staff will check on the eligibility of each nominee.
- Eligible nominees will be presented to members of the Chamber’s Small Business Council for a vote, based on information provided, to determine the Small Business of the Month winner.
- An eligible nominee that is not chosen as the winner will have its nomination roll over for an additional two months. If still not selected, the business may be nominated again.
- Each year, the twelve (12) Small Business of the Month award winners are named finalists for the James B. Thompson Small Business of the Year Award. Finalists may be asked to provide additional information on their business in order for the selection committee to determine a winner.
2017 Small Businesses of the Month:
January: The Barn at Forevermore Farm
February: ProGrin Dental
March: Colonial Trust Company
April: Wade's Family Resturant
May: Miss Marrion's School of Dance
2017 Small Business of the Year:
2016 Small Businesses of the Month:
January: Cohen’s Closeouts
February: Paradise Lanes & Family Entertainment Center
March: Rustic Escentuals
April: Comfab, Inc.
May: MoreView Media
July: A-Line Interactive
August: Carolina Headwear LLC
September: The Local Hiker
October: Blue Moon Specialty Foods
November: IT Pros
December: At Your Service Heating & Air
2016 Small Business of the Year: