Small Business Success Awards
Small Business Sucess:
The Valet Landon Cohen
The Valet, LLC provides valet parking services for private and special events, restaurants, hospitals, sporting events, and weddings. The Valet is based in Spartanburg, but has expanded its reach to cover Greenville, Columbia and Charlotte. Need transportation? They’ve got that, too. The Valet has added shuttle and transportation services to meet all of its customers’ needs. With safety and timeliness as their top priority, drivers are sure to provide an unforgettable experience.
Arrowhead Design Company Jamie Woodruff & Lanie Whitaker
Arrowhead Design Company offers branding & graphic design, web design, social media design, and in-house screen printing services. During the past year, the company has expanded its business to include a brick and mortar location in Downtown Lyman and full in-house screen printing services. Arrowhead provides a unique and intimate experience that has allowed its business and clients to thrive. You can find team members at community events, such as Spring Fling, displaying their highly coveted “I’m a Spartanburger” apparel.
- The business must be physically located in Spartanburg County.
- The business must have less than fifty (50) full-time employees (FTE).
- Staying Power: Shows a history as an established business in Spartanburg County through time and community engagement.
- Company Growth: Shows positive growth trends in revenues and workforce.
- Innovation: Demonstrates creativity and imagination in business expansion and future planning.
- Involvement: Active as a civic partner, both as an organization and by encouraging employees to be engaged citizens.
- Response to Adversity: Facing challenges and overcoming obstacles with ingenuity, optimism and hard work.
- Nominees will be brought before the Small Business Council on the 4th Wednesday of each month. Each nominee will be evaluated based on the criteria above. Closing the discussion, council will approve, deny, or request further information. If further information is requested, program director or award chair will contact business owner directly.