Spartanburg Tomorrow PAC
What is Spartanburg Tomorrow?
It is a non-partisan, issues-based political action committee launched in 2009. Although separate from the Chamber, the PAC works hand-in-hand with the Chamber to give a strong voice to the concerns of Upstate businesses at the state government levels.
What does Spartanburg Tomorrow do?
It can make direct contributions to elected officials at the state and local levels who have been instrumental in the support or passage of items on the Chamberís legislative agenda. It is a policy and position advocate on key business issues. Decisions about how to use Chamber PAC funds are made by the Spartanburg Tomorrow Board of Directors, whose members are appointed by the Chamberís Board of Directors. Board members serve two-year, staggered terms.
Why should I contribute?
By contributing to Spartanburg Tomorrow, you will be a part of a team that collectively will support legislators who support the Chamberís Legislative Agenda. You will be part of the team that will influence policy for the benefit of the Upstate business climate.
Spartanburg Area Chamberís 2010 Legislative Agenda includes the following positions:
- Support for affordable health benefit plans for small business owners.
- Support for workersí compensation reform and punitive damage caps for torts.
- Support legislation that will guarantee workers the right to a secret ballot vote when voting to unionize or not.
- Support for the exploration and development of alternative energy sources, and the exploration of off-shore natural gas and oil drilling.
- Support comprehensive tax reform at the state level.
- Support the implementation of a Statewide Economic Development plan.
- Support funding USC Upstate at an equitable level to other public universities in South Carolina.
- Support state spending caps.
- Support restructuring of the Employment Security Commission.
Whatís at Stake?
- The ability to more effectively advocate the Chamberís positions.
- A voice on political issues for Spartanburg-area small businesses that may not have the budget for lobbyists or government affairs staffs.
- The future of Upstate South Carolina as a competitive and business-friendly region.
- Spartanburg Tomorrow is a tool to increase the competitiveness of the Upstate business environment by advocating pro-business positions to local and state lawmakers.
Make your political dollars go further by leveraging them with the resources of other businesses in the area. Together, we can make a real impact.
For more information on how you can get involved with the Chamber's Political Action Committee, Spartanburg Tomorrow, contact Jim Thomas at 864-594-5020 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org