The Diversity Committee of the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce
The Diversity Committee, as an integral part of the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce, provides a forum for sharing vital information, networking, and fostering professional development for minority and women businesses. It is our mission to help minority and women-owned businesses grow, develop and encourage their participation in all chamber activities.
By providing high quality services that assist our customers in becoming more successful business owners and managers, the Diversity Committee will be recognized as a vital link between the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce and minority and women-owned businesses. As a result of our success, we will play a vital role in retaining and increasing chamber membership for minorities and women.
As the upstate of South Carolina becomes more diverse, the Chamber recognizes the importance of a diverse business community. To that end, the diversity committee, comprised of members of the Chamber’s board, businesses, local government, education and other sectors, are advocates for minority and women owned businesses. They recruit and coordinate available resources to help grow emerging minority and women owned businesses, celebrate successful entrepreneurship, and promote the creation of wealth in our community.
Some of the activities of the committee include the following:
- Minority Enterprise Development Awards Dinner- recognition of outstanding women or minority owned business leaders and advocates of diversity.
- Women In Business Conference and Luncheon – half day learning opportunity focusing on the professional and personal development of women.
- Monthly Diversity Connection Luncheons- lunch and learn sessions covering various business management topics
- Currently working on the creation of Women & Minority-Owned Data Base Directory
- High School Business Plan Competition – encourage, support, and recognize the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
Numerours resources are available to help you locate addditional information: Coming Soon
The Diversity Committee meets the third Tuesday of each month, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., in the Board Room of the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce.
For more information about the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce Diversity Committee, or any of their activities, please the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce at 864-594-5000.